- The Club’s Development Launch in the Athlone Springs Hotel last Friday night received large support on the night. Also on the night there was a medal presentation to the U-8s and U-10s that took place in the Parish League. The club would like to thank all that made the night a success, Denis Naughten TD, Michael Finneran TD and all at the Athlone Springs Hotel.
- A very successful Ladies U-12 Blitz was held in Johnstown on Saturday last, with 8 teams taking place. Many thanks to all that helped out on the day.
- The Samz Tavern sponsored Junior B team bowed out of the championship at the hands of St Faithleachs in the Mid-South Final on Sunday. In what was a very poor match Clann never got going and reached the heights of the last few matches and lost out on the score-line of 0-8 to 0-7. They now have the Division 4 League Semi-Final to look forward to over the next few weeks.
- The Athlone Springs Hotel sponsored senior team play St Dominics in Kiltoom next Saturday evening at 5.30 in the O’Gara Cup Semi-Final.
- The U-16 Lads lost to Boyle last Sunday 1-12 to 0-6 in the league and that result brings their season to a conclusion.
- Best of Luck to all those travelling on Club Holiday to Albufeira in Portugal this Thursday 2nd October.
U-12 Division 1 Championship Quarter-Final
Clann na nGael 2-15 St Dominics 2-4
The U-12’s had a tremendous victory over St Dominics in Kiltoom on Wednesday. Despite trailing by a point at half-time, they pulled out all the stops in the second half to win comfortably, with everybody performing in this half. They now play Western Gaels in county final next Saturday in Hyde Park.
Team: Shane Scally, Conor Lennon, Gary Mannion, Gary Nicholson, Ian Wall, Martin Flannery, Ciaran Connaughton, Jack Connaughton, Cillian Bannon, Jamie Fahy, Cian McManus, Fergal Lennon, Mark Shine, Cathal Callinan, Jamie McBride.
Subs: Aaron O’Reilly, Dylan Coglan, Shane Lacey, Dean Tobin, Brandon Ryan, Sean McManus, Sean McManus, David Griffin, Evan Cunniffe, David Connaughton, Sean Kenny, Dylan Earle, Declan Nugent, Conor McAlery, Jonathon Murray, Calum Naughton, Josh Kearney, Luke Dolan, Eoin Hannon, Darragh Lennon, Ronan McAlery, David Ward.
Ladies U-12 Division 3 Championship
Clann na nGael 4-3 Elphin 3-4
The second team produced a battling performance in the 11 aside competition in Elphin last nightto record their 4th win a row to qualify for the semi-final. This was a tight game and which went down to the wire with special mention for goalkeeper Ethel McManus who produced a couple of outstanding saves which kept Clann in the game. They will be up against it in the semi-final next Thursday against Michael Glaveys but with the battling qualities in this team they will always have a chance.
Team: Ethel McManus, Renee Naughton, Leanne Ward, Megan Farrell, Clare Murray, Anna O’Loughlin, Caoimhe Lennon, Sarah O’Loughlin, Janice McManus, Laoise Henry, Sarah Connaughton, Sarah Ward, Aoife Harte.
The Ladies U-12 Division 1 team comprehensively beat Kilglass Gaels in Kilglass last Friday to qualify for the Semi-Final. They now meet Roscommon Gaels on Wednesday 1st October in Roscommon at 6.15pm. The teams have played on 3 occassions so far this year in challenge and championship matches with very little between the sides, so a tight game expected.
The U-16 girls also qualified for the Semi-Final on Monday night when they overcame Western Gaels. They now play St Marys in Semi-final on Sunday 5th October in Tulsk. St Marys defeated Clann in the 2006 and 2007 in U-14 finals so a tough match is expected.
- Wednesday 1st October, Ladies U-12 Division 1 County Semi-Final, Clann v Roscommon Gaels in Hyde Park at 6.15pm
- Thursday 2nd October, Ladies U-12 Division 3 County Semi-Final, Clann v Michael Glaveys in the Community School Pitch in Roscommon at 6.15pm
- Saturday 4th October, O’Gara Cup semi-final, Kiltoom, Clann v St Dominics at 5.30pm.
- Saturday 4th October, U-12 Division 1 County Final, Hyde Park, Clann v Western Gaels at 4pm.
- Sunday 5th October, Ladies U-16 Division 1 County Semi-Final, Clann v St Marys in Tulsk, Time to TBC.