Beannachtaí na Nollag
Nollag shona agus athbhliain faoi mhaise do mhuintir an phobail seo uilig, sa bhaile agus ar fud an domhan.
Christmas Message from Fr. Ray
A Word of Gratitude
At this time of year we exchange gifts and presents as a sign of appreciation for one another. It is time to say “thanks”. I take this opportunity to thank most sincerely all who contribute to the life of the parish.
Many people in various ways, give of themselves to help meet the needs of our parish. I am truly grateful to the individuals and groups that fulfil any role in the Church and the community:-
Sacristan, Parish Secretary, Caretaker, FÁS supervisor, Leader worker, Altar Society, Choir, Readers, Eucharistic Ministers, Altar Servers, Area Collector/Distributors and School Staff (Teachers, Secretaries and Caretakers), The people who erected the crib, decorated the Church, polished the floors and anyone who hepled in any way to prepare for Christmas.
I applaud all the voluntary groups, sporting and social, responding to the needs of our community. These groups and organisations give of their time and themselves to make this such a wonderful and caring community. Keep up the good work and thanks to all once again.
I would like to welcome home all parishioners returning from overseas and from other parts of the country to spend the Christmas among us. I am glad to see you all back and hope you have a joyful and peaceful Christmas.
- Remember and pray for the sick of the Parish especially those who cannot be with us today, those at home or in hospital.
- Remember and pray for the members of our community who have died during the year. We remember also anyone who has lost a loved one.
- Remember a neighbour or friend who is alone, don;t forget to look in on them… it would mean so much to them.
As you celebrate Christmas may you be touched with the gifts of joy and peace.
Christmas Schedule for Drum
- Christmas Eve – Thursday 24th December – Vigil Mass at 9pm
- Christmas Day – Friday 25th December – Masses at 10am and 12 noon
- St. Stephen’s Day – Saturday 26th December – Vigil Mass at 8pm
- Sunday 27th – Mass at 10am
- Tuesday 29th – Mass at 11am
- Wednesday 30th – Mass at 11am
- Thursday 31st – Mass at 11am
- Friday 1st – Mass at 11am
A Christmas Prayer
By Robert Louis Stevenson
Loving Father, Help us to remember the birth of Jesus.
that we may share in the song of the angels,
the gladness of the shepherds,
and worship of the wise men.
Close the door of hate and open the door of love all over the world.
Let kindness come with every gift and good desires with every greeting.
Deliver us from evil by the blessing which Christ brings,
and teach us to be merry with clever hearts.
May the Christmas morning make us happy to be thy children,
and Christmas evening bring us to our beds with grateful thoughts,
forgiving and forgiven, for Jesus’ sake.