Clann Ladies Notes
- There will be a Social in Connaughtons on Friday June 11th. Music by the Coyles.
- The U-12 girls have qualified for the county semi-final which they play next week. They await the winners of Padraig Pearses and St Croan’s.
- Congratulations to the U-12 girls of Drum/Clonown who continued their winning ways in the community games with victories over Ballaghdereen and Castlerea in the last week.
- The U-8s and U-10s played in an underage Blitz in Johnstown the weekend before last. The next Blitz is on the 12th June.
- Hard luck to Clann girls Ciara Costello, Ciara Quinn and Saoirse McManus who lined out for Roscommon U-14s in their defeat to Tipperary on Saturday last in Banagher.
- Congratulations to Martina O’Brien who played for the Roscommon Minor Ladies in their recent Connacht B Final victory over Leitrim, and to Rosa Shine, Niamh O’Brien and Michelle Harney-Nolan who are part of the panel.
- Also congratulations to Orla O’Neill who captained The Bower Convent to victory in the Leinster U-14B Schools Final over Castleknock recently. The Bower girls won by a goal and Orla who played at centre-forward scored 1-3.
Cumann na mBunscoil
Cornafulla boys team have qualified for the Cumann na mBunscoil Big Schools Final while the Cornafulla girls play Creagh in their semi-final. Both Cornafulla teams are undefeated so far in the competition. Both matches were due to be played this week but have been postponed until a later date.
Ardkeenan N.S. defeated Brideswell in the 3-4 Teacher schools semi-final on Tuesday 1st June in Johnstown at 1.30. They also are unbeaten having defeated Brideswell previously and will now play Creggs next Tuesday. Despite winning all 6 matches so far, they are only at semi-final stage as their category has 32 schools involved.