Drum Mass Intentions
Saturday 19th 8pm: Pake O’Brien and parents Timmy & Rose, Creggane
Sunday 20th 10am: John Kilroy, St. Coman’s Park
Wednesday 23rd 7pm: Daniel & Hannah Harney and deceased family members, Curraghaleen
Friday 25th 7pm: Patrick & Mary Naughton and son Liam, Doohan
Saturday 26th 8pm: John Higgins, Crannagh
Sunday 27th 10am: Sarah & Michael Keena, Cornafulla
Clonown Mass Intentions
Sunday 20th 11am: Nancy Ward, Curnaboll
Sunday 27th 11am: Pat Ward, late of Curnaboll and Letterkenny
Well done and thanks
To all those who helped in the preparations and took part in last Sunday’s ceremonies at Drum Monastic Site. Well done to all involved.
Drum Heritage Group
Meeting on Monday 21st June at 8.30pm in the Visitor Centre. All members requested to attend.
Open Air Mass in Iona Park
On Tuesday 22nd June at 7.30pm. Celebrant: Fr. Ray Milton. All welcome.
Elphin Diocesan Lourdes Invalid Fund
Church gate collection will take place at Drum and Clonown Churches next weekend, 26th and 27th June. Your support would be greatly appreciated.
The Fool’s Gold Theatre Co. Denver Colorado with Rita Broderick and Louis Adduci present “Brilliant Traces” by Cindy Lou Johnson at the Passionfruit Theatre on Wednesday 23rd June at 8.30pm. Tickets €10. Ages 15 years and over.
Please note that there will be road closures in operation in the locality to facilitate the TriAthlone festival, which is expected to attract thousands of people to Athlone for this international sports event.
- On Saturday 3rd July, the old N6 Galway road (R446) will be closed from 7am-11.30am from Athlone town outwards through Baylough and Summerhill to Connaughton’s Bar, Clonark. The road will reopen as far as Talbot Avenue at 11.30am. Part of the road, from town out to Monksland roundabout, will also be closed from 1.15pm-6pm.
- On Sunday 4th July, the old N6 Galway road (R446) will be closed from 7am-11.30am from Athlone town outwards through Baylough and Summerhill to Greene’s Forge, Earlspark (near Ballinasloe). The road will reopen as far as Talbot Avenue at 11.30am. Part of the road, from town out to Monksland roundabout, will also be closed from 1.15pm-6pm.
- Much of Athlone town centre (Church St., The Strand and most of the West side) will be closed to traffic on Saturday and Sunday.
- Access to Athlone between 7am-12.30pm will be via Mihanboy/Bealnamulla/Tuam Road (to access Monksland, Athlone bypass, etc.) and via Carricknaughton/Clonown (to access west side of town).
- Springwell Road will be open from 12pm onwards (from behind The Grove alongside the reailway to the new Monksland link road at Summerhill).
For full details please download the brocuhre from the triAthlon website at www.triathlone.ie