The Roscommon Lamb Festival 2010 is a celebration of family fun, great food, farming, crafts, heritage and community spirit in County Roscommon. Taking place on the May Bank Holiday from Wednesday 28th April to Monday 3rd May 2010.
We are now in our third year and growing from strength to strength with a vision of creating a nationally recognised festival for the Roscommon and Shannonside regions. Based on the fact that Roscommon has the highest lamb output in the country, the festival celebrates lamb in a diverse range of food, farming and heritage events over the course of the weekend.
This year’s highlights include:
- The RLF Restaurant – a countywide event that will see local personalities from all sectors compete in a cook off aganst each other in local restaurants.
- Sheep Farm Walks, Walking & Heritage Tours – of Castlemine Farm, Roscommon Town, Sacred Heart Church, Suck Valley Way, Rathcroghan and Rindoon.
- BBQ Brazilia & Irlanda – Family Brazilian BBQ with Irish Lamb and music from Defcon 5 from 9pm-12am.
- Family Fun Sunday – in Loughnaneane Park and Market Square with a jam packed schedule…
- Wool Craft Village – with sheep shearing, wool spinning, weaving, feltmaking, knitting, dyeing, interactive weaving project and more
- Pet Lamb Competition
- Little Bo Peep & Boy Blue Competition
- International Sheepdog Trials with competitors from Ireland,Germany, Sweden, Hungary, Canada and the UK.
- RLF2010 Farmer’s Market with cooking and butchering demonstrations, fresh local produce, entertainment and more.
- Teen Student Fashion Expo with special guest MC – 2FM’s Ruth Scott.
- Big Ol’ Barn Dance in the Festival Marquee
For more details or to download the 2010 festival brochure please visit the official Roscommon Lamb Festival website at http://www.roscommonlambfestival.com/