What facilities have we?
Our facilities include:
- full size sports hall with stage
- changing rooms
- showers (on request)
- meeting and training rooms (note: all are accessible by stairs only)
- Room 1 including kitchenette (tea/coffee making facilties)
- Room 2 / Lounge
- Room 3 / large general purpose room (former snooker room)
The lounge is ideal for meetings, workshops, training courses, etc. The former snooker room is ideal for classes, martial arts, yoga, aerobics, Irish dancing, etc.
The kitchenette features tea/coffee making facilities including kettle, boiler, microwave, fridge, cups, saucers, plates, cutlery etc. (Tea/coffee/milk/sugar not provided)
Dimensions: 17.68m x 24.69m. Max capacity: 400 (subject to confirmation depending on event type). Stage Opening Width: 7.6m
Meeting Room 1 (with kitchenette)
Dimensions: 6.4m x 5.7m. Max capacity: 15.
Meeting Room 2 (Lounge)
Dimensions: 8.8m x 5.7m. Max capacity: 25.
Meeting Room 3 (Former Snooker Room)
Dimensions: 5.25m x 11.9m. Max capacity: 40.
Availability & Bookings
The sports hall availability may be limited at certain times. Generally, weekday bookings are per hour from 6pm-11pm, Monday to Friday evenings, and from 9am to 9pm at weekends. Some time slots are reserved for long-term/repeat bookings. We will always do our best to accommodate booking requests where possible but please note we are volunteers and do not have any paid staff. Some events may require consent of the board before booking can be taken/confirmed. Also, please note that all of our meeting rooms are upstairs. We offer very competitive rates for use of facilities, please contact us for more details.
Who uses our facilities?
Drum Community Centre provides sports facilities to various clubs and groups in the Athlone area, as well as providing a venue for other social meetings, including weekly bingo! Some of the groups who use or have used our facilities include:
- Coláiste Chiaráin, Summerhill
- St. Joseph’s N.S. Summerhill;
- Athlone Basketball Club;
- Bower Buzzer Basketball Club;
- Athlone Special Olympics Club;
- St. Ronan’s Athletics Club;
- Drum Badminton group;
- St. Joseph’s Soccer Club;
- Clann na nGael GAA Club;
- Westwood Soccer;
- C.I.E. Soccer;
- Indoor Hockey;
- Creative & Development Workshops;
- Athlone Table Tennis Club;
- Drum Bingo;
- Drum I.C.A.;
- Drum Community Games;
- Tubberclaire Community Games;
- …and many more groups.